This pasta is based on a simple yet comforting childhood favourite: pasta aglio, olio, e prezzemolo (garlic, oil, and parsley pasta). The addition of the grilled courgettes takes it up a notch and is a great way to use your summer squash!
- 4 medium-large courgettes
- 1 drizzle extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 bunch of fresh parsley (100 grams with stems)
- 500 grams linguine or pasta of choice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4-5 cloves of garlic
- 1 pinch chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 4 tbsp almond ‘parm’
- 1/2 cup reserved pasta water (from boiling pasta)
- Extra drizzle of olive oil (optional)
- Wash your courgettes, cut off the ends, and slice the courgettes into circles
- In a mixing bowl, toss the sliced courgettes in a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, garlic powder, ground pepper, and salt.
- On a cast iron griddle pan, grill the courgettes on both sides until fully cooked and grill lines appear
- Once you have grilled all of your courgette slices, set aside
- Remove and discard the stems from the parsley and finely chop the parsley leaves
- In a large pot, cook your pasta according to packet instructions in salted boiling water
- While your pasta cooks, in a large pan on low-medium heat, heat the extra virgin olive oil
- Mince the garlic cloves and add them to the pan, stirring carefully so as not to burn the garlic
- Stir in the chili flakes, finely chopped parsley leaves, and salt
- Once cooked to ‘al dente’, reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water and drain your pasta
- Add the drained pasta to the pan with the olive oil, garlic, parsley, etc and mix very well so that the pasta is fully and evenly coated in the parsley
- Add in the grilled courgettes
- Mix in the almond ‘parm’
- If your pasta is a bit dry, add in as much of the reserved pasta water as you need and an extra drizzle of olive oil if desired
- Serve and enjoy!
1 thought on “Parsley and Grilled Courgette Pasta”
This proves again that pasta dishes can be very versatile. Delicious and very healthy!