(Makes about 5 cups of granola)
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup puffed amaranth
- 1/2 cup pecans (roughly chopped)
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F) and line a large baking tray with parchment/baking paper or a silicone baking mat
- Mix together all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl
- In a small saucepan on low heat, melt the coconut oil and whisk in the coconut sugar and maple syrup until there is no separation
- Remove from heat and whisk in the vanilla extract
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and incorporate extremely well so that all of the dry ingredients are completely coated in the wet. Taste your mixture! If you like it a bit sweeter you can drizzle a bit more maple syrup.
- Spread the mixture into an even layer on the baking tray
- Bake for 20 minutes then turn the tray around and bake for an additional 7 minutes or until golden brown. In order to make clusters, do not stir while in the oven.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely before handling
- Once completely cooled, lightly break into clusters
- Seal in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks
- Enjoy in your cereal with fruit and oat milk, on top of some yoghurt, as ice cream or smoothie bowl topping, sprinkled over your pancakes, or on its own as a snack- the possibilities are endless!