Makes 16 small squares
- 1/2 cup vegan butter or margarine
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder (check it is free from milk products)
- 45 grams vegan dark chocolate (check it is free from milk products)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons aquafaba
- 3/4 cup plain all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- (optional) 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 165 C or 325 F and line an 8×8 inch pan with baking paper
- In a saucepan on low heat, combine the vegan butter or margarine with the cocoa powder and dark chocolate until fully melted
- Set aside to cool completely before continuing to step 4
- Either in the same saucepan or in a larger mixing bowl, whisk in the sugar and vanilla. Then whisk in the aquafaba.
- Once all the wet ingredients are combined, mix in the flour, salt, and the walnuts if using.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake in the oven for approximately 25 minutes or until the top is dull.
- Once baked, take out of the oven and let cool completely.
- Once cooled cut into squares and enjoy!