- 1 large tomato (you can also use a handful of cherry tomatoes)
- 1 medium sized onion
- 1 Serrano pepper*
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 handful cilantro/coriander
- 1 large lime (or lemon)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (this is optional and not part of the original Mexican recipe)
*This could potentially be quite spicy for someone who is not used to spice. If you don’t handle spice well at all, you could eliminate it completely. Alternatively, you might try only adding half or three quarters of the pepper according to your taste.
- Finely chop tomato, onion, Serrano pepper, garlic, and cilantro and mix them together in a bowl.
- Add the lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- Mix well and enjoy!