Makes 8 tortillas
- 1 cup wholemeal/wholewheat flour
- 1 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of salt
- 2/3 cup warm water
- Combine flour(s), olive oil, and salt.
- Mix in the warm water until fully incorporated into a doughy consistency.
- On a floured surface, knead the dough for approximately two minutes
- Return the dough to the bowl and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Once 20 minutes have passed, divide the dough into 8 equal parts
- Flatten each part on a well-floured surface into thin circles using either a tortilla press or a rolling pin.
- Heat a pan on medium heat.
- Once the pan is hot, carefully move the dough onto the pan and let it sit there until the underside starts to brown, then flip it over and do the same for the other side. Be careful as they will cook very quickly and harden and burn if you don’t watch them closely.
- Transfer them to a tortilla cloth (regular cloth will do) to keep them warm and serve them as soon as possible!
- You can store them in your refrigerator for a few days, but they taste best fresh.