- 1 large onion
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 8 large carrots
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- ¾ cup lentils
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chili powder (Optional)
- Cilantro, nuts, etc to garnish (Optional)
- Dice onions, chop carrots into small pieces, mince garlic.
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a large saucepan on the stove, saute onions. When they become transparent, add garlic and carrots.
- Saute until carrots are soft. I covered the saucepan with the lid to capture the steam. Be sure to stir constantly and not to let it burn.
- In a medium sized pot, bring to the boil the vegetable stock and coconut milk. Add lentils. Cook for about 5 minutes, then add the onions, garlic, and carrots to pot. Mix and let sit for a few more minutes.
- Let the mixture cool, then pour it into your food processor or blender and process/blend until smooth. I had to do this in two batches because my food processor was not big enough.
- Add salt, pepper, and chili powder to taste.
- Garnish, if desired. And serve!